Recipe for a Great Summer!
- 1 or more eager children
- Summer Calendar
- Paper and Pencil
- Willingness to laugh
- At least a pinch of desire to try new things
- Call a family meeting with your calendar and pencil and paper in hand. Pre-pencil in all “hard and fast” events on the calendar.
- Ask each family member to name something they would like to do this summer that they have never before done. Record ideas. Ask each family member to list something they would like to learn. Record ideas.
- Research your family’s ideas. How many items can you check off this summer?
- Schedule it! Make it happen! With calendar and pencil in hand, call another family meeting to present the results of your research and how they ideas will happen!
TIPS for SUCCESS:
- No dream is too big or too small! The ideas don’t have to grandiose. It may be as simple as jumping off a diving board or holding a snake!
- Celebrate together! The whole family should participate in making it happen. Snap a picture. Make it a moment to remember! #goalsmet #familybonding
This is MathTree’s 20th summer of making summers fun AND making them matter! If doing math is on your family’s to-do this, give us a call at 877-MATH-987!