What’s on your child’s bucket list this summer?
For most children summer arrives so slowly……and then, 2 weeks in…you hear those words, “Mom, I’m bored!” So, what’s your plan for this summer? Give purpose to your summer this year! Set some goals! Make a bucket list!
Tips for helping your family make a bucket list:
1. Make categories for your list. Things like: Places, Skills, People, Tasks, ….
2. Not everyone in the family needs to have the same goals! For example, in the category, “Skills” one child may want to learn to tie their shoes, an older child may want to learn to make spaghetti, and you may want to learn to hit a topspin forehand!
3. Celebrate as a family when a member meets their goal! Celebrations can be simple! In fact, hopefully, lots of goals will be met so there will be LOTS of celebrating! Things as simple as letting the child stand on a table and everyone applauds them is fun and celebratory!
4. Some goals may be “family-work-togethers” ….organizing the garage, inviting neighbors for a cookout, etc.
5. Write down the goals and set dates for them to happen! You’re teaching your children a GREAT life skill of setting realistic goals and accomplishing them!!!
6. Search for cool ideas to inspire your family! If your child sets their own goals they are much more likely to “own” them and achieve them, but they may need some inspiration. There are so many lists with ideas floating around. Click here for one that impressed me…and it’s printable!
Of course, we hope MathTree is on your child’s bucket list this summer!