Princess KrisTen, one of MathTree’s “mathical” characters, leads campers through the Land of Ten. She helps them learn single-digit addition facts, focusing on numbers that add up to her favorite number, 10. Campers use real beans and MathTree® templates to develop counting, place value, and the naming of numbers. Campers also explore odd and even numbers to discern patterns. MathTree makes math child’s play!
Bean Counting 101
for children entering Grade 1
Rates range from:
- The following rates DO NOT include Early Registration Discounts!
- Half-day, 2 week session: $420
- Full-day, 2 week session (Academic Camp + Hands-On Math): $815
- Before and After Care are available at all locations
- MathTree partners with several private schools during the summer. At these locations times and pricing may vary from those stated above.
Is your child ready?
To be sure your child is ready for this program, the following should be true:
- My child will be at least 6 by December 31 of this calendar year.
- My child can count to 100 by 1s and 10s.
- My child does not know addition facts yet.
- My child can read and write letters and numbers comfortably.
- My child demonstrates conservation of number. See website for videos.
Locations, Dates, and Times
View locations and dates, then check availability by visiting our “Dates, Rates, & Times” page for specifics for your child.
Burgundy Farm Country Day School (BFCDS)
3700 Burgundy Rd.
Dates: July 16 – 27, 2018 (Session 5 on the BFCDS summer schedule)
Arlington (North) Location:
Memorial Baptist Church
3455 N Glebe Rd.
Dates: July 9 – 20, 2018
Arlington (South) Location:
Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington
4444 Arlington Blvd.
SESSION 1: July 30 – August 10, 2018
SESSION 2: August 13 – 24, 2018
Trinity Christian School
11204 Braddock Rd.
Dates: July 23 – August 3, 2018
Loudoun Country Day School (LCDS)
20600 Red Cedar Dr.
Dates: July 30 – August 10, 2018
Church of the Holy Comforter
543 Beulah Road, NE
Dates: August 6 – 17, 2018
Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School (CESJDS)
1901 E Jefferson St.
Date(s): July 16 – 27, 2018
Washington, DC – AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT:
1001 G St SE, Washington, DC 20003
Open to Tyler Elementary School Students Only.
Classes offered this semester: Bean Counting 201, Multiplication Matters, and MathTree Roots.
Times:Wednesdays, 3:30 – 5:00 PM, Cost: $285
Washington, DC – Southeast:
Hill Center (Capitol Hill)
921 Pennsylvania Ave. SE
Date(s): July 30 – August 10, 2018
*Rates show do not include discounts!
Bean Counting 201: 9 AM – 12:30 PM ($420)
Multiplication Matters: 9 AM – 12:30 PM ($465)
MathTree Roots: 1 – 4:30 PM ($465)
Roots-to-Leaves: 1 – 4:30 PM ($465)
A full-day experience is available by adding MathTree Hands-On Math ($395) to any of the above camps. Before and After Care are also available.