Campers will meet Grouper, the Regrouper, one of the “mathical” characters that guides campers through the essential process of regrouping that is used in addition and subtraction. Campers will use real beans and test tubes to develop a solid understanding of place value. Your child will also explore the world of odd and even numbers, play with patterns, create a Digit Atlas, and enjoy stories that involve math.
Bean Counting 201
for children entering Grade 2
Rates range from:
- The following rates DO NOT include Early Registration Discounts!
- Half-day, 2 week session: $420
- Full-day, 2 week session (Academic Camp + Hands-On Math): $815
- Before and After Care are available at all locations
- MathTree partners with several private schools during the summer. At these locations times and pricing may vary from those stated above.
Is your child ready?
To be sure your child is ready for this program, the following should be true:
- My child knows addition facts from 1 + 1 to 10 + 10 well.
- My child has not mastered regrouping (also called borrowing and carrying) when adding or subtracting numbers with two digits or more.
Locations, Dates, and Times
View locations and dates, then check availability by visiting our “Dates, Rates, & Times” page for specifics for your child.
Burgundy Farm Country Day School (BFCDS)
3700 Burgundy Rd.
Dates: July 16 – 27, 2018 (Session 5 on the BFCDS summer schedule)
Arlington (North) Location:
Memorial Baptist Church
3455 N Glebe Rd.
Dates: July 9 – 20, 2018
Arlington (South) Location:
Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington
4444 Arlington Blvd.
SESSION 1: July 30 – August 10, 2018
SESSION 2: August 13 – 24, 2018
Trinity Christian School
11204 Braddock Rd.
Dates: July 23 – August 3, 2018
Loudoun Country Day School (LCDS)
20600 Red Cedar Dr.
Dates: July 30 – August 10, 2018
Church of the Holy Comforter
543 Beulah Road, NE
Dates: August 6 – 17, 2018
Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School (CESJDS)
1901 E Jefferson St.
Date(s): July 16 – 27, 2018
Washington, DC – AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT:
1001 G St SE, Washington, DC 20003
Open to Tyler Elementary School Students Only.
Classes offered this semester: Bean Counting 201, Multiplication Matters, and MathTree Roots.
Times:Wednesdays, 3:30 – 5:00 PM, Cost: $285
Washington, DC – Southeast:
Hill Center (Capitol Hill)
921 Pennsylvania Ave. SE
Date(s): July 30 – August 10, 2018
*Rates show do not include discounts!
Bean Counting 201: 9 AM – 12:30 PM ($420)
Multiplication Matters: 9 AM – 12:30 PM ($465)
MathTree Roots: 1 – 4:30 PM ($465)
Roots-to-Leaves: 1 – 4:30 PM ($465)
A full-day experience is available by adding MathTree Hands-On Math ($395) to any of the above camps. Before and After Care are also available.