Campers learn the 36 multiplication facts, the roots from which much of the rest of math grows, through a proprietary MathTree® process that provides a rock-solid conceptual base for multiplication while enhancing fact solving and memory with a variety of mathematically based “tricks” with exotic names such as 6 x Even and Thumbs Up, many using hand configurations. No flash cards! Instead, campers connect to proportionally-sized multiplication fact cards that engage them physically, verbally, and auditorially. Campers play plenty of math games and use manipulatives for an assortment of math activities.
for children entering Grade 3
Rates range from:
- The following rates DO NOT include Early Registration Discounts!
- Half-day, 2 week session: $465
- Full-day, 2 week session (Academic Camp + Hands-On Math): $860
- Before and After Care are available at all locations, 8 – 9 AM & 4:30-5:30 PM
- MathTree partners with several private schools during the summer. At these locations times and pricing may vary from those stated above.
Is your child ready?
To be sure your child is ready for this program, the following should be true:
- My child is proficient at addition facts.
- My child has mastered regrouping. For example, my child can readily compute 28 + 28 on paper.
- My child has not memorized multiplication facts from 2 x 2 through 9 x 9.
Locations, Dates, and Times
View locations and dates, then check availability by visiting our “Dates, Rates, & Times” page for specifics for your child.
Burgundy Farm Country Day School (BFCDS)
3700 Burgundy Rd.
Dates: July 15 – 26, 2019
Arlington (North) Location:
Memorial Baptist Church
3455 N Glebe Rd.
Dates: July 8 – 19, 2019
Arlington (South) Location:
Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington
4444 Arlington Blvd.
Dates: Session 1: July 29 – August 9, 2019; Session 2: August 12 – 23, 2019
Accotink Unitarian Universalist Church
10125 Lakehaven Ct., Burke, VA
Dates: July 22 – August 2, 2019
Church of the Holy Comforter
543 Beulah Road, NE
Dates: August 5 – 16, 2019
Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School -Upper School
11710 Hunters Lane, Rockville
Dates: July 15 – 26, 2019
Washington, DC – Southeast:
Hill Center (Capitol Hill)
921 Pennsylvania Ave. SE
Dates: July 29 – August 9, 2019
*Rates show do not include discounts!
Bean Counting 201: 9 AM – 12:30 PM ($420)
Multiplication Matters: 9 AM – 12:30 PM ($465)
MathTree Roots: 1 – 4:30 PM ($465)
Roots-to-Leaves: 1 – 4:30 PM ($465)
A full-day experience is available by adding MathTree Hands-On Math ($395) to any of the above camps. Before and After Care are also available.