MathTree Roots utilizes real-life situations, physical objects, drawings and narratives to build a strong foundation of math in the minds and hearts of campers! Fractions and division are the focus of group instruction for this camp, while, individually, campers begin their climb up the MathTree®, our customizable skill system that adjusts to each camper’s pursuit of math skills. Campers are given a short assessment on the first day of camp to properly place them in the MathTree Skill System. All campers should be fluent with single-digit multiplication prior to attendance in this camp.
for children entering Grade 4
Rates range from:
- The following rates DO NOT include Early Registration Discounts!
- Half-day, 2 week session: $465
- Full-day, 2 week session (Academic Camp + Hands-On Math): $860
- Before and After Care are available at all locations, 8 – 9 AM & 4:30-5:30 PM
- MathTree partners with several private schools during the summer. At these locations times and pricing may vary from those stated above.
Is your child ready?
To be sure your child is ready for this program, the following should be true:
- My child has fluent knowledge of multiplication facts from 2 x 2 through 9 x 9.
- My child is ready to learn about fractions or needs more help with fractions.
Locations, Dates, and Times
View locations and dates, then check availability by visiting our “Dates, Rates, & Times” page for specifics for your child.
Burgundy Farm Country Day School (BFCDS)
3700 Burgundy Rd.
Dates: July 15 – 26, 2019
Arlington (North) Location:
Memorial Baptist Church
3455 N Glebe Rd.
Dates: July 8 – 19, 2019
Arlington (South) Location:
Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington
4444 Arlington Blvd.
Dates: Session 1: July 29 – August 9, 2019; Session 2: August 12 – 23, 2019
Accotink Unitarian Universalist Church
10125 Lakehaven Ct., Burke, VA
Dates: July 22 – August 2, 2019
Church of the Holy Comforter
543 Beulah Road, NE
Dates: August 5 – 16, 2019
Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School -Upper School
11710 Hunters Lane, Rockville
Dates: July 15 – 26, 2019
Washington, DC – Southeast:
Hill Center (Capitol Hill)
921 Pennsylvania Ave. SE
Dates: July 29 – August 9, 2019
*Rates show do not include discounts!
Bean Counting 201: 9 AM – 12:30 PM ($420)
Multiplication Matters: 9 AM – 12:30 PM ($465) 5 more seats available!
MathTree Roots: 1 – 4:30 PM ($465)
Roots-to-Leaves: 1 – 4:30 PM ($465) – FULL! Check out our other locations!
A full-day experience is available by adding MathTree Hands-On Math ($395) to any of the above camps. Before and After Care are also available.